You gather market intelligence and translate this into business opportunities and supply risk mitigation plans. Continuously identify spend reduction opportunities and achieve year-on-year savings on the Aspen Oss direct materials portfolio within an increasingly stringent GMP environment.
The primary activities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for sourcing and procurement of direct materials (chemicals, solvents, excipients) as requested by stakeholders.
- Setting up or contributing to the set-up of purchase/supply agreements
- Ensure that all purchase agreements are in compliance with corporate and local laws, policies, regulations, within agreed timelines and optimal conditions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a worldwide supplier base.
- Evaluate the performance of suppliers and develop and implement initiatives for improvement.
- Through meetings with stakeholders and suppliers, identify initiatives for savings, simplification and standardizations of the procurement process.
- Deliver agreed financial value such as savings, favorable payment terms, working capital reduction, inventory reduction etc.
- Interact with stakeholders and establish relationships resulting in stakeholder commitment and timely development of and implementation of sourcing strategies
- Develop sourcing strategies into practical implementation plans; prepare business cases/ justifications for changes and manage project timelines and budgets.
- HBO or University degree in commercial, finance or life science.
- Additional commercial/procurement degree preferred (MBA, NEVI 2 or 3).
- At least 5 years of GMP sourcing and procurement experience or similar commercial position in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Good knowledge of GMP and EHS standards.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and capable of influencing others.
- Proven presentation techniques and excellent negotiating skills.
- Focus on implementation and delivery of results within agreed timelines.
- Good communicating skills, flexible in style to communicate at different levels in- and outside the organization.
- Good command of writing and speaking in Dutch and English.
- Experience in e-procurement systems (SAP)
We offer a package, which is in line with the content of the job, as well as with your experience and knowledge. Next to a competitive salary we offer an attractive bonus system. Furthermore Aspen has 25 holidays and 12,5 extra days on a full time employment. We also offer a collective health care insurance and excellent pension.
The Direct Procurement & Sourcing department is responsible for sourcing and procurement of all direct materials for Aspen Oss and the Aspen API network (e.g. solvents, chemicals, packaging materials, Regulatory Starting Materials, Advanced Intermediates and API’s).
For further information regarding this position, you can contact Rene Zoetmulder, Procurement Manager, phone number +31615410486.