The Director Quality will report to the Aspen Oss Site Director and will be located in Oss (Netherlands). The Director Quality will be fully responsible for the Aspen Oss Quality Strategy and its execution, translating the changing external expectations for the required quality of our API’s, lead and motivate necessary change as a result of this. The Director Quality leads the quality teams of around 200 employees in total. He is budget-responsible, people and change leader. The quality department consists of various QC labs, QA support (functions of release, systems and inspections) and Customer Regulatory Support. This position will be part of the SLT of Aspen Oss.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsible for developing the vision and strategy for quality for Aspen Oss, translating the strategy into execution for each of the quality related functions.
- Responsible for leading, motivating and growing the Quality teams, driving change.
- As a people manager, ensure recruitment and retaining of employees, development and execution of training programmes and execution of all performance management activities. Ensures a safe work environment.
- Building bridges between the quality department, the plants and other teams within Aspen Oss and as a representative of Aspen – with the outside world (customers, authorities, Aspen network, universities, partners etc).
- End-responsible for the release of product, organises the delegated responsibility in the different teams.
- Ensure efficient and effective processes, systems and ways of working. Make sure Aspen Oss stays compliant, in a way that supports our competitiveness.
- Initiate, prioritize, manage or co-ordinate improvement initiatives for the quality processes.
- Participate in the Site Leadership Team, contribute to alignment of the Aspen Oss strategies, be spokesperson for the Quality aspects and include the necessary quality standards.
- Responsible for budget-management and reporting.
- Ensure that with thorough analysis and reporting, rootcauses for deviations are identified and the number of deviations decrease.
- Ensure initiation, development and implementation of knowledge, standards, procedures and guidelines within Aspen Oss.
- Responsible for Customer Regulatory Support.
The ideal candidate is a senior Quality leader in a GMP-environment who understands (bio)chemical manufacturing processes.
He/she is able to bring the outside-in perspective to further develop competitive, effective and efficient quality systems for our business.
The Candidate does understand the big picture and at the same time, translates this to actionable strategies. Motivates peers and teams to turn these strategies into practice. Understands the customer and government demands, translates this in compliancy and good audit results.
- A university degree (Master or PhD) in Life Sciences or chemistry.
- Deep interest in quality processes and systems, at least 10 years experience gained in a GMP-regulated quality environment.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Technical and chemical knowledge of API manufacturing
- Proven track record in implementing change in large teams and departments
- Excellent skills in customer relations
- Experience in leading, motivating and growing large teams
- Team-player and influencer, being able to collaborate with senior management and the local teams.
- Sound knowledge of quality systems and QA/QC
- Excellent intercultural, interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer a package, which is in line with the content of the job, as well as with your experience and knowledge. Next to a competitive salary we offer an attractive bonus system. Furthermore Aspen has 25 holidays and 12,5 extra days on a full time employment. We also offer a collective health care insurance and excellent pension.
Aspen Oss B.V. is a subsidiary of the Aspen Group (www.aspenpharma.com).
Aspen Oss manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for medicines. Safety and reliability always take highest priority. Many of these raw materials
are technological innovative feats that require complex manufacturing processes.
Our facilities produce some 100 different active ingredients
For further information regarding this position, you can contact Yvonne Wildenberg, Recruiter, phone number +31631657988.