At Aspen in Oss, we contribute to the health and well-being of people all over the world. We make active pharmaceutical ingredients, the active ingredients in a medicine. Our APIs are of high quality and are used worldwide. We are committed to always offering the optimal solution for our customers. Improving our processes and ourselves is therefore really in our DNA. We think from top to bottom in solutions to issues and work together on new products. We show respect for society and the environment in everything we do.
- Understand market trends and competitive environment in our market segments.
- Negotiate and execute confidentiality and supply agreements at target accounts.
- Conduct meetings at existing and new accounts to promote products and services and identify new opportunities.
- Qualify and Prioritize opportunities with support of Head of Sales
- Prepare offers and project proposals in conjunction with Head of Sales and internal resources.
- Meet sales targets and growth targets at assigned accounts
- Collect and communicate to key stake holders key market information
- Participation in conferences, tradeshows, US team and global sales team meetings as required
- Develop strategic and tactical sales plans to pursue ambitious incremental growth of Aspen API products and services in the assigned territory.
- Schedule and conduct formal sales activities, including capabilities-based presentations; focus groups; technical seminars; and new product launches to drive sales.
- Represent and promote the Aspen API value proposition at all levels within customer accounts, and in the targeted pharmaceutical industry segments.
- Provide market intelligence and appropriate detail regarding account sales position as requested.
- Direct daily sales activities to ensure customer focus, prompt customer response, and customer follow-up where required with internal stakeholders such as Customer Sales Support and Technical Services.
- Coordinate and work with Head of Sales and Head of Marketing to develop appropriate alignments and to promote the growth of our overall Aspen API business.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree ( Life Sciences or Business) MBA preferred
- 5+ years of direct account management experience
- Experience in the sale of API or excipients to the pharmaceutical industry in technical service or sales preferred
- Experience with selling pharmaceutical services like a CDMO would be a plus
- Negotiating experience
- Project Management experience
- CRM experience a plus
- Ability to travel up 50 %
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Customer Focused.
- Strategic thinking, able to communicate and interact across various levels in customer
- Strong Math Skills.
- Quick learner who is energized by new opportunities
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity
- A business builder with demonstrated experience in defining new relationships and new business opportunities
- Excellent computer skills including (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint),
- Personal integrity. The highest standard of personal and professional conduct.
- Entrepreneurial mindset coupled with discipline.
- Strong work ethic and personal initiative.
- Consultative, solutions-oriented sales approach.
- Self-starter who works with minimal supervision and is comfortable working in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others.
We offer a package, which is in line with the content of the job, as well as with your experience and knowledge. Next to a competitive salary, we offer an attractive bonus system. Furthermore Aspen has 25 holidays and 12,5 extra days on a full time employment. We also offer a collective health insurance and excellent pension.
The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving incremental sales growth of active pharmaceutical ingredients and custom manufacturing in target accounts and new business development accounts in the territory. You will manage and execute all aspects of the territory including account/segment selling, account strategy development and execution, competitive intelligence gathering and new business development, You will represent the Aspen API portfolio of products and services to the various pharmaceutical segments in the territory, via strong selling activity as well as involvement in technical seminars and industry organizations. All available internal and external resources will be leveraged to creatively grow business in the territory. The Sales Manager will also serve as the primary point of contact for key customers and the key point of contact for issue management with customers and champion for business growth opportunities in their defined territory. This position works closely with the Head of Sales to define and execute a growth strategy for the business.
For more information about the content of the position please contact Krista Hesen, Recruiter, by e-mail (email@example.com) or by phone: 06-20047828.