The Manager DTS is, with his teams, owner of the (bio)chemical processes at Aspen Oss and technical owner of new product and process development. The jobowner will be responsible for developing and building our future product portfolio and state of the art processes.
The Manager DTS leads 5 teams with in total around 60 employees, mainly professionals (including many PhD’s). He is budget-responsible, people and change leader. He/she is responsible for bringing in new technology and scientific insights, with a broad perspective on the outside API world and future business development opportunities.
This position will be part of the SLT of Aspen Oss. The Manager DTS will report to the Aspen Oss Site Director and will be located in Oss (Netherlands).
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Owner of the (bio)chemical manufacturing processses: process surveillance, major changes (development of 2nd gen processes) and minor improvements, trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Foster state of the art knowledge building on cleaning, process safety, solid state, analytics, (bio) organic chemistry.
- Responsible for stabilisation of the current product portfolio, leading and supporting process transfers.
- Responsible for innovation of current processes, based on scientific knowledge and new insights.
- Responsible for the development of new products and processes for future growth – find realistic opportunities in the market and work closely with Marketing and Sales in building a new profitable portfolio based on Aspen’s capabilities.
- Responsible for leading, motivating and growing the DTS teams, driving change, innovation and cultivating an outside-in perspective.
- Build and maintain knowledge networks with universities and institutes, for knowledge sharing and education purposes.
- As a people manager, ensure recruitment and retention of employees, development and execution of training programmes and execution of performance management activities. Ensures a safe work environment.
- Be a strong business partner for the plants and for our commercial teams, in close cooperation with with Quality and Compliance. Build bridges between the quality department, the plants and other teams within Aspen Oss and as a representative of Aspen – with the outside world (customers, authorities, Aspen network, universities, partners etc).
- Participate in the Site Leadership Team, contribute to alignment of the Aspen Oss strategies, be spokesperson for the Development and technical process aspects.
- Responsible for budget-management and reporting.
The ideal candidate has led multiple development and/or process support teams in a similar commercial environment.
He/she is able to bring the outside-in perspective to further develop new products and processes for our business. The candidate understands the API industry and its customer demands, translates this in future growth opportunities and process development. The candidate does understand the big picture and at the same time, translates this to actionable strategies. Motivates peers and teams to move these strategies into practice and results.
- A university degree (Master or PhD) in Life Sciences or chemistry.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Technical and chemical knowledge of API manufacturing
- Proven track record in leading and motivating multiple teams with professionals on Masters/PhD level.
- Excellent skills in customer relations and market knowledge.
- Team-player and influencer, collaborating with senior management within Aspen global, the local Site Leadership team and external partners and customers.
- Excellent intercultural, interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer a package, which is in line with the content of the job, as well as with your experience and knowledge. Next to a competitive salary we offer an attractive bonus system. Furthermore Aspen has 25 holidays and 12,5 extra days on a full time employment. We also offer a collective health care insurance and excellent pension.
The department covers biochemical development, analytical biochemistry, chemical development, analytical chemistry, plant support and process documentation support. This includes several labs.
For further information regarding this position, you can contact Yvonne Wildenberg - Nabuurs, Recruiter Aspen Oss B.V.: email@example.com or call +31 6 31657988.